Spring is in full force and if you’re anything like me, it takes a hot minute to get used to the idea of showing more skin. I quite enjoy the break from shaving often and keeping my legs at the level of tan I feel they’re expected to be (tmi? sorry). As I’ve advised women through the years on revamping their style for different seasons, I’ve found that the best way to transition winter wardrobes into spring ones is to start by adding a few key pieces which help make the shift easy.
I could go on and on about my key transition pieces but that might be a longer post for a different day, as they vary per person. Instead, I want to share one of my top picks for a winter to spring transition piece and what it is about it that appealed to me (other than the pun that it is a SHIFT dress).
For this look I am featuring this Red Ruffle Off Shoulder Shift Dress.
What makes it a good transition piece for me:
- Color: It forces me to add color to my wardrobe after wearing a lot of black and grey for winter.
- Lose Fit: Since I am getting used to the idea of wearing short again, I like balancing it out with an effortless and lose fit.
- Short: It is short which makes it clearly Spring and not Winter. I like pairing mine with gladiator sandals which are essentially a warm weather season boot:)
- Long Sleeve: Balancing out the short length, as well as offering coverage in the arms makes it a more adaptable transition piece.
- Trend Element: This dress features the off shoulder trend which was seen for Fall, Winter, and now going into Spring. It keeps a sense of familiarity through that but adds a new playful touch with the ruffle and criss cross detail at the chest.
As an added bonus, it moves well; obvi, as seen in my action shot above here;) So there you have it! Have fun with the shift in seasons, go find an effortlessly fierce transition piece, and get some Spring in your step!